Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Original Rice Krispie Treat Recipe


Are you wondering why my rice krispie treats look a little "off" in color....? Funny story...

I was at Target with my kids today and we saw the colorful star marshmallows. I thought, how cool would it be to use those in rice krispie treats! Totally didn't think the whole plan through. We got home and I started to make the treats. I melted the butter and added the bag of "patriotic" star marshmallows. And as I am sitting there, I am realizing all the colors are melting and turning into a lovely, gray.

Ha ha. So moral of the story....Mommy brain. I am just not as smart as I used to be, lol. Why waste a yummy recipe. I introduce my yummy but a little funky, rice krispie treats!


Kellogg's Original Treat Recipe

3 tablespoons butter
1 packaged jet-puffed marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal

Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Low heat and careful not to burn. Pour melted mixture over a large bowl with 6 cups rice cereal. Mix until all cereal is coated. Place mixture in a 9x13" baking dish, lined with greased parchment paper. TIP: Give the mixture a minute to cool. This will make it so the rice krispies do not stick to your spoon while spreading in the pan. They will become less sticky and more flexible. Press into baking dish. Allow to cool. Use fun cookie cutters and cut out your favorite shapes.

These are great treats and easy to make.

PRINT RECIPE


Visit Cupcake With Character's profile on Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Lol too funny! They turned out great anyways! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, love the funkiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't really tell -- but who cares?!!!! They all go down the same way!!!!

    ReplyDelete